8 Hidden Gems in Miami You Must Visit in 2021
With the advent of vaccines, we can finally catch our breath and start making summer travel plans again. Those who have already been immunized can already start booking flights, making hotel reservations, and packing their bags. The fun can finally begin.
Miami, after six months of curfew, can finally welcome the new tour of tourists. Florida is one of the most visited travel destinations first by Americans and then by the rest of the world. As a major destination, and one of the major attractions in the region is Miami which captivates with its lovely white-sand beaches, luxury hotels, and an active nightlife. And as such Miami is constantly on the list of places we want to visit, among travel enthusiasts.
You must be wondering what it is that Miami has to offer as a city that makes it different from the others. Glad you ask. The city is better known as the “Magic City”, which has its own rich culture due to the influence of Cuba and other parts of Latin America, as well as the influence of the Caribbean. In addition to offering attractive long sandy beaches and blue waters, you can be surprised by the beautiful ecosystem and wildlife that it offers in abundance.
If you choose Miami as your travel destination this year, and you do not know what you could visit and see in the city, this article will offer you a few places that you should not miss. Keep in mind that you will need a reservation to visit most places, so grab a sheet of paper and a pen and make a plan for what your stay will look like.
We will give you a list of places that are worth your visit during your stay there.
- Little Havana. It is the center of Hispanic culture in Miami, an explosion of the senses because it is a combination of countless colors, tastes, smells, and sounds. If you’ve never had the chance to try Cuban coffee and Cuban cuisine, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. As you sit in one of the restaurants and taste the wonderful food, you will hear the sound of Latin music spreading through the streets, believe that the rhythm will carry you and you will want to swing your hips.
- Zoo Miami. The zoo offers you the opportunity to see over 3000 creatures, 500 different species of animals, including wildlife animals and over 50 endangered animals. You will have the chance to meet most of them and interact with them, and with the help of the tour guide, you will learn some interesting facts about them. There are also many fun activities offered by the zoo, such as feeding some of the animals, wildlife tours, safari tram tours, and VIP tours with your private guide.
- Wynwood Walls. This is an outdoor museum of urban art, where' you will have the opportunity to see some of the most brilliant graffiti and murals ever made. If you are an art lover this visit is made for you. The best time to visit is on the second Saturday of each month, when this place turns into a street festival, with music, food, drink followed by admiration for inspirational works of art. But of course, it is available to you any other day of the week.
- Jungle Island. An eco-adventure park that can offer you to see some exotic creatures such as lemurs, flamingos, various species of parrots, iguanas, turtles, and many more. They offer great entertainment such as animal exhibits and encounter experiences, various shows with rare animals, room escape adventures, skydiving, zip line, and many other worthy events.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. If you are a nature lover, you will find your peace here. Here you will be surrounded by the beauties of nature, the sound of birds, and a butterfly here and there. As a novelty, they introduce Jurassic Garden, where' you can explore the world of dinosaurs in real size. It will take you several hours to see them and learn something new about all the herbs, plants, and trees they have in their collection. Don’t forget to stay hydrated and bring some sunscreen.
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens. The villa was built in 1916 and is the epitome of the Italian Renaissance. You will have the opportunity to meet one of the most beautiful villas ever built, to walk through the spacious garden, to hear an interesting story about the place from the tour guide. Do not forget to take a beautiful photo of the beautiful architecture, and I believe that every second spent here will remain in your memory for a long time.
- The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science. If you feel a little more curious, do not miss the opportunity to visit this place. It will honestly take your breath away, with so many exhibitions you can see, from the aquatic world of the aquarium to the visual odysseys of the planetarium, some of the best inventions and discoveries in science, to the history of flying objects.
- Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum. For lovers of literature, Miami offers the opportunity to visit the home now turned into a museum of one of the best writers ever. You will have the chance to hear the story of his cat Snow White, how he reacted to the construction and the cost of the house, and many other anecdotes. As you walk along with the pool in the courtyard, which offers you a perfect view and a gorgeous scent of the flora in the garden, you can imagine for a moment Hemingway sitting next to you and quoting verses from one of his poems, or reading passages from one of his exquisite novels.
However, whatever activity you choose from the above, you will surely have an unforgettable time. So little time, and so many places to visit, these are just a few of the hidden gems that Miami has to offer. Apart from sunbathing and drinking cocktails on the long white sandy beaches, get out of your comfort zone and get to know the beauties that this city has to present.