In today’s world, we need daily requirements of essential nutrients by consuming a wide variety of diets, which consists of nutrient-rich foods. However, sometimes our meals do not provide us with all the necessary nutrients.
So many women consume dietary supplements that contain minerals, herbs, or other botanicals, amino acids, enzymes, and many other ingredients. These complements come in a variety of forms like tablets, capsules, drinks, and energy bars.
Some popular one includes vitamins D and B12; minerals like calcium and iron; herbs such as echinacea and garlic; and products like glucosamine, probiotics, and fish oils.
There are many situations when you need to consider taking dietary complements to prevent chronic diseases or other reasons. Some of the reasons why nutritional supplements are essential for women are:
- If you lack an essential vitamin or mineral in your body, you might need to take supplements that will be recommended by your doctor so that you can correct the deficiency.
- Also, if you have dietary restrictions, i.e., you eat a limited diet because of many reasons, you might not be getting a sufficient amount of vitamins or minerals. Therefore you might need to take various dietary addition so that your dietary restriction will not restrict the entry of essential nutrients in your body.
- Even during pregnancy, you need to consult with your gynecologist or obstetrician about various pre-pregnancy and pregnancy supplements, which are essential to prevent congenital disabilities and to promote the health of your newborn baby. The addition includes folic acid, vitamins, etc. which ensure that your baby is fit and healthy.
- The next reason why you need to consume supplements is because of aging. With age, you need to change your calorie requirements, and because of this change, your body might lack most of the essential nutrients. So, consuming the dietary additions will make sure that all the nutrients are maintained correctly in your body.
- There are many GI tract diseases and surgeries which affect your body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients. Therefore, during such conditions, you need to consult with your concerned physician who will provide you with the right supplements that your body can absorb, and this way, it will not fall short of the essential nutrients.
- Also, certain medications can lead to a deficiency of essential nutrients. For example, the proton pump inhibitors that are taken for acid reflux can result in the weakness of Vitamin B12. So, in such cases, you can discuss your condition and medications with your doctor and take supplements but with the recommendation from them.
Benefits of dietary supplements
- It is possible to get all nutrients from a balanced diet, but you might not know that you might be lacking from certain essential nutrients, and they will provide you with the extra nutrients that your body might be lacking. Or sometimes, your body might trigger a deficiency in the case of cancer, diabetes, or chronic diarrhea.
- Supplements are also available as individual nutrients that can be taken in usual doses, and this can help to treat a deficiency such as iron deficiency or help to prevent a condition like hypertension.
- It helps to eliminate the toxins from your body as we are all exposed to toxins caused by stress, inadequate sleep, and food toxins. So, to remove the toxins and detox your body from these toxins.
- It also provides essential fiber such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes, which is necessary and contains the essential dietary fiber. These fibers can help to prevent certain diseases such as heart diseases and also helps to manage constipation.
- Many of them are also good sources of antioxidants, which means that these are substances that slow down the natural process leading to damage to the cells and tissue. Therefore, these protective substances provide you with the same benefits as it will provide in your food.
Risks of dietary supplements
- Consuming excess Vitamin K can reduce the effectiveness of blood thinners. However, Vitamin E can increase the action of blood thinners, which may lead to easy bruising or nose bleeds.
- A high dose of Vitamin B6 can even cause nerve damage, and it can also reduce the effectiveness of the anti-seizure drug, Dilantin, and Levodopa, which is used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Vitamin A, which is used with retinoid acne medications, can also cause Vitamin A toxicity. Also, Vitamin B3 may increase the risk of the abnormal breakdown of the muscle tissue.
- Also, iron and calcium supplements can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics. And the intake of Vitamin C taken in high doses can cause nausea and severe diarrhea.
Now that you are aware of the benefits and risks of consuming dietary supplements, there are certain things you need to take care of before you start taking:
- The first thing you need to consider is that you need to consult with your concerned doctor as they can better advise you with the combination of the supplements. Consuming additions without proper combinations or proper medications can cause harmful effects. Therefore, it is necessary that you discuss your condition before you start taking supplements.
- Also, before you start taking it you need to check the label of the product so that you can know about the ingredients available in the additions. You can also know about the amount of nutrients present and the serving size of the supplements so that you do not end up consuming more than what your body needs.
- You should always watch you eat and make sure that vitamins and minerals are being added to your foods. In case you are taking it, you should make sure that you are getting all kinds of nutrients. Also, taking more than you need is expensive, and it can increase the risk of side effects.
- You should also make sure that you avoid overdosage, especially in case of children who are vulnerable to the overdose of vitamins and minerals.
For buying some quality healthcare supplements for women, you must visit suplementosmaisbaratos.com as it is the leading online platform that offers authentic health additions for women.
Want This Type Of Article Delivered To Your Inbox? Subscribe To Our health Newsletter. Enter Your Email Address Below: